Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Do It Bloggie Style

Why Women Amaze Me

So I'm at the wildlife center the other day, and one of the other volunteers approaches me. She's a few years older than me (that's being gracious), a vet student, and married.

In other words, even though she's cute, I've never really been attracted to her.

So I'm working on some medical charts, and I turn around, and the girl is standing there holding a squirrel.

With the biggest, blinkiest eyes and the sweetest voice I've heard in a long time, she said, "Would you mind cleaning out this squirrel's cage for me while I have it out?"

And all of the psychology and physiology lessons I've ever had were instantly flushed down the toilet. Even though I was right in the middle of things, even though we BOTH knew she was manipulating me, at that very moment I wanted NOTHING MORE than to drop everything I was doing and dig through squirrel shit. I tried so hard to say no, so I gathered all my strength and said, "sure" and turned mechanically toward the cage.

It wasn't a conscious decision. Just a sheer reaction. I STILL wasn't all that attracted to her, but the will of men bends so easily to a flirty woman. Suddenly I saw how lives and empires have been ruined all thanks to a suggestive woman.

Or maybe it's just because I haven't gotten any in awhile.

Regardless, I've seen other men buckle to the same approach. I'm curious -- do men have a way to fight back? Or are we forever doomed to be infected by a sly grin?

Let me know what you think.

For those of you who've had trouble posting comments, click on "comments" at the bottom of the page, then on "post a comment" after that.


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

You're on to us!

A woman's wily smile is a great equalizer. . . and a great way to get what we want :)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home